Lines are imported upon uploading a draft TransXChange dataset (not when a dataset is published).
Lines are uniquely identified by a combination of their operator code and line name.
If a line was not previously imported with that identifier, a new line is created, from the following fields (Passenger → TransXChange):
- Name - Line → LineName
- Description - Service → Description
- Directions - StandardService → Origin/Destination/Vias
- Detail - Vias of the first direction
- Start / End Date - Service → OperatingPeriod
- If no start date is defined, the current date is used
- If no end date is defined, a year from the start date is used
If the line already exists, then certain fields are updated:
- The start date is updated if the new value is before the existing value
- The end date is updated if the new value is after the existing value
- New directions are added if not previously seen - existing directions are not updated.
Lines are managed within the “Network” → “Lines” section in Passenger Cloud.
Continue to the next article on Managing Lines: https://help.passenger.tech/support/solutions/articles/60000714563-populating-line-description-and-detail